Student Support Coach
December 1, 2017
Provide behavior support and intervention, instructional delivery, and liaison support at the direction of the teacher or administrative staff by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Behavior Support and Management
- Use training, interventions, resources, routines, and procedures to provide a respectful, positive, safe, student-centered environment that is conducive to learning.
- Establish clear expectations, with student input, for classroom rules and procedures early in the school year, and enforces them consistently and fairly.
- Establish a climate of trust and teamwork by being fair, caring, respectful, and enthusiastic.
- Use agency de-escalation and behavior management techniques to assist with providing a safe environment.
- Provide behavior support to students in order to reinforce positive behaviors using a variety of student and faculty selected reinforcers
- Provide behavior interventions including crisis intervention for students in crisis, to include the use of approved verbal and physical intervention techniques.
- Respect students’ diversity, including language, culture, race, gender, sexual orientation, and special needs.
- Actively listen and pay attention to students’ needs and responses.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s in human services field required and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and skills.