Special Education Teacher
September 7, 2017
***Charterhouse School is seeking a Special Education Teacher for the Richmond location***
Who’s the teacher that got you excited about a subject, the one who inspired you to start putting in extra time because you just loved what he/she was teaching? That’s what happens when teachers share their excitement and enthusiasm: it’s contagious.
Provide quality learning to students with emotional and behavioral issues in our therapeutic residential program. Responsible for teaching assigned subject(s), administration of student records, and for classroom and behavior management. Implement an instructional program that will teach specific content area to a group of students with ED, LD, and/or ASD.
- Plan and prepare instruction and materials
- Engage the students on their level
- Formative and summative assessment of levels and prior knowledge
- Establish, communicate, and teach/reteach behavioral and academic expectations
- Communicate progress to all stakeholders regularly
- Create and maintain an engaging environment conducive to learning
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Fully licensed by the Virginia Department of Education to teach in the areas to which they are assigned.
Special Education teacher’s license required.