We have created a variety of resources you can use to share UMFS with your congregation. These can be used for the annual UMFS offering, to help promote the need for foster parents, or as part of a missions moment. Each of the resources can be downloaded so you can easily incorporate them into your worship service or small group meeting.
Downloadable Church Resources
A Legacy of Working Together
The relationship between the United Methodist Church and UMFS goes back to the very beginning, when UMFS was founded in 1900 as the Virginia Conference Orphanage of the Methodist Church. While UMFS is no longer officially owned by the United Methodist Church, we continue our strong ministry partnership with the church.
We deeply value our longstanding collaboration with churches across Virginia, both United Methodist churches and churches from other denominations. Local churches provide passionate volunteers, dedicated foster families, much needed prayers, and critical donations to support the high-risk children and families we serve. We are grateful for this partnership.
Scroll down to learn about the ways your church can partner with UMFS.
At UMFS, our mission is to be unwavering champions for high-risk children and families. There are a variety of ways that local churches can partner with us to support high-risk children & families across Virginia:
- Church Offering – Provide financial support and participate in the annual UMFS offering. UMFS is the official Virginia Conference offering for December, but we are grateful for your financial support at any time of the year. Scroll down to the Resources section below to download the UMFS video, bulletin insert, and other materials to support the offering. CLICK HERE to order printed offering materials.
- Foster Parents – Promote and advocate for UMFS ministries in your community, including the urgent need for foster parents. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Spread the Word – Provide a link to www.UMFS.org on your church website. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and share relevant stories with your congregation.
- Volunteer – Encourage participation in UMFS volunteer projects and events. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Collections – Respond to needs for tangible donations. CLICK HERE to learn more about collecting school supplies and other items for the children at UMFS.
- Pray – Pray for UMFS and the high-risk children and families we serve.
- Tours – Bring your church group to the UMFS Richmond campus to take a tour and learn more about the agency, the work we do, and the people we serve across Virginia. Due to COVID-19, tours are currently on hold. Call 804.254.9463 to sign up for the tour waiting list, and we will contact you as soon as we’re able to begin tours again.
BECOME A PARTNER
CONTACT US HERE