How to Set Up a Birthday Facebook Fundraiser
What is a Birthday Facebook Fundraiser?
A Facebook fundraiser is a great way to make your birthday extra special this year. It’s a simple way to ask your friends and family to make a donation to UMFS as part of your birthday celebration. By following the quick & easy steps below, you’ll be able to activate your network to help support high-risk children and families and help them achieve a brighter future.
How to Set Up a Birthday Facebook Fundraiser for UMFS
Creating a birthday Facebook fundraiser is fast and easy – all you need to get started is a Facebook account!
Here’s what to do next:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- If it’s your birthday, you may have noticed a suggestion from Facebook to start a birthday fundraiser. If so, you can click that link.
- If you can’t find the birthday suggestion (or it’s not your birthday!), go to the menu on the left and click the “Fundraisers” button then choose “Raise money for a nonprofit.”
- Type our name “UMFS” into the search bar.
- Fill out the details of the “Let’s start with the basics” section, including:
- Our name (UMFS)
- How much money you would like to raise for us (that’s up to you!)
- The currency (U.S.).
- When you want the fundraiser to end (it could be a day, week, or month later!)
- Click “Next.”
- Fill out the details of the “Tell your story” section:
- Give your fundraiser a name.
- Tell your friends and family why you want to support us.
- Click “Next.”
- Choose a photo from the suggestions in the “Pick a cover photo” section.
- Click “Create.”
- Now you can share the fundraiser on your Facebook newsfeed, invite your friends and family to donate, and even donate yourself!
The Impact of Your Donations
UMFS is committed to creating significant, positive change and addressing pressing social challenges. Your donation will support children in foster care, and children struggling with mental health and behavioral challenges, providing:
- Foster care and adoption services for children and teens who are working to overcome trauma, abuse, and other challenges.
- Therapy and residential treatment programs for children and teens with severe mental health challenges.
- Special education schooling for children and teens struggling with mental health and behavioral challenges.
Other Ways to Support UMFS
There are many ways you can make a difference in the lives of the high-risk children and teens at UMFS:
- Support their needs today – make a donation to UMFS to provide caring support for children in foster care, children struggling with mental health challenges, and special education students. Visit UMFS.org/donate to learn more.
- Become a monthly sustainer – monthly donors make a critical impact at UMFS. Monthly gifts create sustainable funding that ensures the children and teens at UMFS have the resources they need when they need them. Visit UMFS.org/donate to learn more.
- Volunteer your time – you can provide meals and treats, collect critical items, and help celebrate birthdays and special moments for the children and families at UMFS. Visit UMFS.org/volunteer to learn more.
- Become a foster parent – open your heart and your home to a child in foster care. Visit UMFS.org/foster to learn more.
- Spread the word – encourage your friends and family to join you in supporting the children and families at UMFS. Look for updates on the UMFS Facebook page and share them with your network.
Thank you for your support!